Hello all, it is time for the Liebster Award! Not that I am a new blogger any longer with my nearly four years writing about my crazy mother-in-law but I think I am still considered a “small blogger” so it still fits.
Anna Sherchand from annasherchand.com nominated me for this Award. She is a fellow blogger who has already done some serious travels around the world and writes now about her experiences. She just started recently with blogging and in her blog posts you can see some of her amazing pictures.
Now what is The Liebster Award ?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. It is an online recognition in form of virtual award which started in 2011 passed on by bloggers to fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. The idea is to recognize the effort and give credit.
My Answers to Anna’s questions:
1.Are you an Introvert or Extrovert?
I am pretty much an Introvert. I prefer staying at home and I could go days without talking while feeling perfectly normal. This is probably due to my Finnish roots. There you can go on a full bus and you will only hear the engine, no one speaks!
- How has that (answer to #1) changed the way you travel?
To be honest I never travelled on my own much. In my youth all my travels were basically either to my parent’s summer cottage in Finland or they happened due to swimming camps or competitions around Europe. In the past years I did some travelling with my wife to China and some European countries. In those we always preferred doing everything on our own and try to relax away from other people. Of course there were exceptions like when we had those terrible tourist group tours in China…
- What is your favorite, unique travel experience? Did you plan it, or did it just happen?
I guess it is when we went to Prague last autumn. We did plan on going there but we didn’t decide on what to do there at all before arriving. Those three days were wonderful and we would love to go there again.
4. If attached, how do you stay at peace on the road? If not attached, how do you date on the road?
Haha, I would say that our time is usually pretty peaceful when going around. The only times when we might have some arguments it is always, always about the food!
- Where would you want to live the rest of your life and why?
This is really a hard question to answer and right now I really don’t know.
- What are few of your travel tips to save money?
The best way is usually by avoiding to buy anything at or near tourist hot spots. Go a few streets further, food and drinks can be there in many countries easily half the price!
- Are you planning on working 9-5 again or keep travelling until your money runs out?
Now as we have a family with our second child soon arriving we prefer saving up our money. We have our own business so theoretically we could go on travels whenever we want (we did have few travels last year) but we always have to consider that we pretty much don’t earn anything when abroad.
- How much of your time is spent on writing new posts, versus promotion on social media?
I spent much more time on articles. All promotion I might do just happens when I feel like it and consists usually only some pictures or links to other bloggers.
- What made you break the norm and become a traveler?
When we do travel it is because life is just too boring at home. Last year we went as a family to several cities in Germany, to China, Finland and last but not least to the Czech Republic. Sure we are not the biggest travelers around but I’d say that this is pretty okay.
- What is your biggest fear?
That I fail to protect and help my family.
- What 3 books changed your life positively?
Too many books to consider! I am a person who prefers reading whole “Epic Tales” consisting of many books. I’d say “The Lord of the Rings”, “Malazan Book of the Fallen”, and “Wheel of Time” have to be most important books that also changed some of my view towards the world.
Now that I answered more or less successfully Anna’s questions I nominate the following blogs and hope they are able to accept them.
Your (11) Questions:
- Why did you start blogging
- How does blogging and connecting to other bloggers change/ help you?
- What are your favorite topics to write about?
- In which country do you see yourself living in ten years?
- Couch or Sports?
- A good Book or TV?
- What would you do with 1 Million Euros (or Dollars, whatever you prefer…)
- How long do you prepare for a blog post?
- Your worst experience with blogging
- What is your hobby with which you find some peace?
- Last but not least: Would you ever dare to try Surströmming?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it:
- Display the award on your blog and write a post about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog. Tell the reader a little about your nominator.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog.
- List these rules in your post.
- Notify the nominees of the Liebster Award and ask if they would be happy to accept? If so, send them a link to your post.